Interested in seeing the ShareRep reputations and gauge in action?
For demonstration purposes phpBB forum software with a ShareRep Plugin (mod) installed has been set up. To simulate the sharing of reputations between multiple domains, three forums have been created. Each of these forums are treated as separate domains and reputations need to be linked via Manage reputation for the reputation information to be shared.
Feel free to experiment with the demo system.
Enter phpBB demo.
- The ShareRep service is asynchronous and there is a time delay between when actions are performed and when the results are visible though changes to reputations. It may take up to 2 minutes for the results to filter down. Use refresh on your browser to check for updates to the page.
- Email validation has been removed for this demo so you can make up any number of users and email addresses.
- The creation of only a small number of data points such as your interaction with the demo, will likely present as fairly volatile reputation ratings. The more data, the less volatility and the more accurate the reputation ratings.
- Add a few example users.
- Create a number of example posts.
- Provide feedback to user posts.
- Perform these tasks across multiple 'websites' (forums).
- Link together the reputations across the multiple 'websites' (forums).
- Examine the ShareRep Gauge that appears near each post to see the reputation update.
Download step by step guide (753KB).